While Seafarers Prepare to Return to Marinas
Many countries make coronavirus measures more flexible. Apart from seafarers living in their boats, many seafarers remained at home during the virus prevention process. When entering the summer season, boats should make some preparations in advance to have a smooth season at sea. Especially maintenance and repair work of the boat must be done. If we talk about what preparations are done before the season and how to do it: First of all, the deficiencies of the boat must be determined in advance and must be completed. The most important process to be done at the end of the season and before is boat cleaning. It is also necessary to choose the right chemical products for boat cleaning.
Apart from this, the preparatory procedures to be carried out before the season are as follows;
- Deck, boat, and deck tops should be cleaned with suitable boat shampoos.
- All syphilis and drainage holes must be checked and blocked ones must be opened.
- Metal parts should be cleaned and polished with appropriate metal cleaners.
- Wooden parts should be cleaned and oiled.
- The windscreen wipers need to be checked and replaced as necessary. Also, other glasses need to be wiped.
- Interiors and bilges should be cleaned and bad odors should be removed.
- All my equipment needs to be checked and replaced if necessary.
- Sailing boats should be checked and replaced when necessary.
Eren Budaklı, the blogger of the Nautica Goods, addressed to all yacht owners: Seafarers who could not deal with their boat or stay away from their boat during the coronavirus measures should check their boat again for this period and if there are any maintenance and repair make-up.