When the boats are wooden, depending on the environmental factors in the sea, the paint layer on it will wear out over time and the paint of these surfaces must be renewed. While the paints are being renewed, the most important step is the scratching process of the old paint. If you are going to perform this process, there are some issues that you should be aware of. If we talk about what these are. Namely;
- With the help of a sharp scraper or chisel, you need to scrape off a significant part of the paint on the boat.
- Use a good paint remover for residue and non-scraping paint residue. With this product, you can easily remove any residue. While doing this process, the paint remover must be tightened, waiting for 5-10 minutes and then washed with pressurized water.
- The floor should be neutralized for the new paint after all paint residue has been removed. Paint remover on the floor will cause damage to the paint to be applied.
- After the old floor is thoroughly cleaned and prepared for new paint, a layer application should be made with a suitable primary paint. After applying primary paint, the pits should be filled with the help of putty.
- Finally, sanding is done and best prepared for floor paint.